View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
700r4 sonnax pinless accumulators and Transgo Jr correction  

Hi there, I was told to come here and ask about my concern regarding my Sonnax pinless accumulators and Transgo Jr correction kit. Just rebuild my 700r4 from 89 "md8" model mzm.
I'm having some shifting flares and I'm hoping the trans go jr kit can help with the issue, also very late forth. Things I've done to the trans
-sonnax tv boost valves .5 and .3
- tv anti stick spring
- new 4l60e sun shell
New hardened bearings and washers
-new seals and gaskets
-alto heg clutches and steels + 3-4 power pack.
"Forgot to install a thick plate" could have a lot to do with it."
- Sonnax pinless accumulators in the 1-2 3-4.
So now I want to remove the trans again and correct the 3-4 pack and replace any seals that may be leaking.
At that time I'd like to replace the third captured valve in the case, any tips on removing it?
Also have a corvette servo to install after that's replaced.
But my main concern would be, will the trans go jr accumulator springs work with the Sonnax pinless accumulators???

Any help or good advice is appreciated.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Sonnax pinless accumulator will not work on the second accumulator setup when using the TransGo Shift kit. Either 3-4 apply plate will work. The 3-4 clutch clearance should be .035" - .055". What type of 3-4 clutch are you using here? And how many clutches are in the 3-4 clutch setup? The Corvette servo was designed to eliminate the 2-3 shift flare. I always use the Corvette servo in all my HD applications. As long as the 3rd accumulator in the case is ok, leave it alone. Do not add the Sonnax capsule to help with the band release as it conflicts with the TransGo Shift kit. Give me a call and I will tell you how to make this a Heavy Duty Shift here. 909 795-1876 Most Days & Evenings.

Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]