View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
2004 blazer having issues 

So I have a 2004 S10 4x4 blazer, amazingly maintained. I'm the third owner and the transmission fluid is still florecent pink. I've had it since 116k miles and it has 147k on it now. Idk when it's ever been serviced but the fluid is freakishly clean. I'm a gm certified tech but not a transmission guy. It has always shifted soft in my opinion. For the most part you never feel the shifts at all. It has a slow reverse engagement as well and my main concern right now is the fact that it has slipped and hit the next gear hard, 1-2 to be specific. My wife went from wot to not and it slipped and hit second firm, I pulled out of a drive through in the rain the other day and got on it a little and it spun, it was raining, so I backed out and maintained throttle and it slipped and hit second gear hard. It also did a fast slip and a firm shift today. Only into second. That was at soft throttle. Is this thing getting ready to crap on me? Is this low line pressure due to a bad pressure solenoid? Is there a clogged screen etc? Im sure my next best course of action is to hook up a pressure gauge and see what kind of pressure I have. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have been locked out of my forum foe awhile, so I apologize for the delay here. Put a 0-300 psi gauge on it and see what the readings are. If the oil is red and not burnt, I would think you are fine here. Did the 1-2 shift change all at once? Or slowly? Have the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts changed too?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]