View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Lazy/slipping shifts at WOT (200R4) 

I've ordered about 10 years ago a kit from Pro-Built for my 200R4. It was 450hp kit, IIRC. It was installed by professionals and transmission was opened up two times since then trying to fix the problem. It has Edge 3000 convertor. Engine is SBC 355 putting out about 400fwhp. The car is 3rd gen f-body (maybe 3500-3600 pounds) with a 3.42 10-bolt rear axle with a locker.

Problem is that shifts (1-2, 2-3) are not fast and strong enough during WOT. Shifting takes about 0.5 sec: tires stop spinning in 1st gear when shifting starts (~5500 rpm), then a shift takes about 0,5 sec (slightly, but clearly noticeable, slipping shift) til tires start to spin again in 2nd gear on tarmac. 2-3 shift is similar + revs are slightly higher during the shift. There's no difference when driving in D or using manual shifts.

TV cable is adjusted correctly. Otherwise no issues with the transmission under partial throttle or whatsoever.

How can I fix that? I need crisp, fast shifts w/o slipping.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I thought I had answered this, but I see I did not. Call me. 909 795-1876 and I will help you out here. I will be up all night (Saturday) and into the morning 3AM PST. Dana

Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]